With so many properties facing devastating destruction, it's more crucial than ever to secure preventative maintenance from aggressive storms.
Hurricanes like Harvey, Irma, and other giants this season have easily demolished entire towns, leaving many property owners in terrible predicaments. The high cost of repairs is costing much more than they could have ever anticipated.
Stay safe from flooding, high winds, and other destructive weather by following our damage prevention checklist:
- Check concrete, masonry, and other crucial foundations for weak points in need of reinforcement.
- Seal windows, door frames, seams, and other joints that help brace your structure.
- Check your roof and its components for structural integrity, including the sheathing, flashing, vents, and skylights.
- Keep downspouts and gutters maintained for proper drainage during heavy rains.
- Cut back rotted or vulnerable trees that could come crashing down on your structure.
- Manage loose debris and equipment that could get destroyed or tossed around your property.
- Ensure larger outdoor features, such as garden sheds, are anchored to the ground.
Making sure your property receives a thorough inspection protects your vulnerable interior and exposed exterior from dangerous, expensive damage.
An annual inspection could mean the difference between minor roof or foundation repairs, or extensive rehabilitation later.
While the catastrophes continue to stack up, be sure your building is prepared to withstand merciless winds and water by securing the proper preventative care.